The Sunland ‘Big Baobab’ is in Modjadjiskloof in Limpopo Province, South
Africa and is famous internationally for being the widest of its
species in the world. Africa is symbolised by these magnificent trees.
The Sunland Big Baobab is carbon dated to be around 6000 years old. The
Sunland Baobab has even made the front page of the Wall Street Journal!
When baobabs become a thousand years old, they begin to hollow inside. In the Big Baobab this has resulted in wonderful caverns and caves, where the world famous Baobab Tree Bar and Wine Cellar now amaze visitors.
At the Big Baobab we can accommodate 20 people in 5 gorgeous thatched jungalows with open air en-suite bathrooms. The chalets have a double and two single beds with en suite open air bathrooms. Have a shower under the glorious southern night sky and its millions of African stars!
This is complimented by a kitchen, lounge and dining room in a rondawel. The treehouse and pool with the ‘bush spa’ or ‘tickle tank’ on the sundeck have constant hot water and make enjoyment of the Big Baobab extra special.
Our facilities include:
- The largest Baobab tree in the world!
- The world's unique tree bar - inside a boabab
- Great location - 20km from the famous Modadji Forest (home to the legendary Rain Queen)
- 3 1/2 hrs from Johannesburg and about an hour from the Phalaborwa Gate of the Kruger Park
- Pristine natural environment - with several crystal waterfalls and the exquisite Ebenezer and Tzaneen Dams
- Solar Heated mineral water Pool with Tickle Tank and slide
- Miles of awesome quad biking, 4x4, hiking and biking terrain
- Natural Rock Pool and river
- An 18 hole golf course at the Tzaneen Country Club, just 5km from Sunland Baobab
Self-catering accommodation from R300.00 p.p.p.n
Kids under 12 half price, under 3 free
Catering: Full Board from R600.00 per person per day including breakfast, lunch and dinner.